Sunday, November 10, 2013

Freedom Fuel Opens Its Pumps

Just west of Linwood Avenue on 70th Street the area welcomes it's seventh public CNG station with the opening of Freedom Fuel with it's patriotic but a little creepy glaring eagle logo.   It is located on the Ivan Smith property.  Their current price is $1.79/gge.  The price is the same as the stations in Frierson, Coushatta and now Mansfield after it went up from $1.59.







These pumps are the closest to my daily travel loop.  I still find myself hopping the river whenever possible because it is 34 cents per gge cheaper in Bossier.  Using a rough tally of my most recent 30 day's CNG usage, I would save $51 per month by filling up at the Bossier locations only.  This is a theoretical savings only because living on the west side of the river, I would have to burn the extra CNG to get there.

I poked a little fun at the eagle but whoever decided on that logo did the right thing because around here energy independence elicits more emotion from folks than environmental concerns.  I can only imagine how a large tract mineral owner feels after paying his or her property and royalty taxes when most of the local government operated vehicles burn a resource which is still 40% imported.  It makes about as much sense as building a pipeline from here to the Mississippi River to get water.

No comments:

Post a Comment