Sunday, November 10, 2013

Background Info

Admittedly, I can be a dreamer.  When a fragment of one of those dreams lands into the part of my mind that can become obsessive, it can create an issue for me.  This is what happened when I first heard the words "Haynesville Shale".

I became absolutely fascinated with the amazing story of what is located just two miles beneath us.  In the process of learning I began to see how this unconventional method of extracting energy creates a different reality for all of us.  We have an overabundance of natural gas.  Prices are at a fraction of what they were five years ago.  It is my belief that they will remain low for quite some time, there is just too much being produced.  As I began to understand this potential, I attempted to reconcile it with the recent price of gasoline.  One price is going up, up, up and the other is going down, down, down.  It doesn't take a great deal of intelligence to grasp the concept, but is it practical?

I spent a great deal of time researching CNG.  I learned what happens when a CNG tank explodes.  Yikes!!!  Please view:  Tank explosion 1 Tank explosion 2

 I searched for CNG vehicles, researched CNG conversion kits and possibilities.  My search led me to autotrader one night.  I typed the letters "cng" in a nationwide search and it returned CNG powered vehicles currently for sale within six miles from my home.  What?  I had no idea.  The following day I contacted Jimmy Granger Ford here in Stonewall regarding their ad.  I was directed to Andy Chreene, who is in charge of fleet sales as well as CNG powered vehicles.  He actually had several CNG conversion vehicles available, with more coming.  Andy was very kind in educating me and providing opportunities for me to test drive vehicles.  After much consideration, negotiating and whatnot I ended up with a bi-fueled truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment