Sunday, November 10, 2013

Feedback/Suggestions for CNG Vehicle Designers

I will update this entry periodically if I notice something that would be relevant for those vehicle designers who might cruise the internet for research material and happen to stumble into this blog.




1.  Consider making the gasoline tank much smaller.  I just don't burn that much gasoline so I don't need to store that much gasoline.    It is efficiency robbing dead weight on the vehicle.  I am using fuel stabilizers on the stored gasoline so that I do not develop the Ethanol related issues.  These stabilizers create an expense which could be eliminated if the tank was simply made smaller.

2.  Consider a self contained refueling apparatus on the vehicle.  I have not yet covered the home refueling systems and fast fill vs. slow fill for regular blogees (is that a word since I am a blogger?), but it is coming.  In the mean time,  it would make a great deal of sense to house the "home" refueling pump on the vehicle.  This would allow greater flexibility in refueling options for end users.  Maybe a single refueling nozzle with an internal bypass directly to the tank for fast fill which shunts to a vehicle based pump when the much lower residential pressure is present?

No comments:

Post a Comment